Why be a MusikMakers Teacher?
|- Do you enjoy interacting with young children?
- Do you enjoy singing and moving to music?
- Do you believe in the value of music for young children?
- Do you like to work in a situation where the rewards are directly related to your own efforts?
- Would you like to run your own business?
- Would you like to have flexible working hours?
- Would you like to have days off during the week when you do not have to work at all?
then becoming a MusikMakers Teacher may be for you!
MusikMakers Teacher Training
To be a MusikMakers studio teacher you need to be able to sing in tune and to feel comfortable interacting with small groups of young children as you move, tell stories, play simple instruments and sing songs together.
As a MusikMakers Teacher, you need to have some basic knowledge of music and some knowledge of early childhood development and education.
If you are a trained primary or pre-school teacher or have similar qualifications, you will be exempt from some part of the training. Similarly, if you have passed some practical or theory examinations in music you may be exempt from relevant parts of the training.
If you have no qualifications in teaching or music you will be given every assistance to complete all parts of the training.
Once you have completed the training you will be licenced to teach and advertise the MusikMakers Studio Program.
What does MusikMakers Teacher Training involve?
There are 3 phases:
- Introduction. You tell us about your musical knowledge, past experience and educational background. There is also a simple general musical knowledge test before proceeding to the next phase.
- Teaching MusikMakers. You learn how to teach the programs and run your own MusikMakers business. Topics covered in this phase include:
- use of teacher's manuals
- children's worksheets
- child development
- teaching methods and class management
- setting up and running your business
- Completion. On successful completion of Phase 2 you will be granted a Provisional Licence. You will then be able to commence teadching the MusikMakers early childhood programs.
Specialised MusikMakers Teacher Support
MusikMakers offer comprehensive support for all our teachers. A simple phone call or email will put you in touch with an experienced MusikMaker Teacher who can provide advice about teaching or business matters.
We also support our teachers by providing templates for advertisements, enrolment forms and other printed matter.
| Contact us for a copy of the MusikMakers Information Booklet which gives
comprehensive information about the MusikMakers Studio Programs and
|T: (08)9330 6890|